2019 was an interesting year. I tried LOTS of new products and found ones I loved and others not so much. I always want to show things that I love, so people can try them out themselves. So here are my favorite items for scrapbooking and planning in 2019.
First, I want to talk tools. Not hammers and saws (although I do have favorites of those as well), I am talking about papercrafting tools. Trimmers, tape, scissors. I am very picky on what I use and when I find something I like, I normally do not change it. I have gone through quite a few different brands over the years and now know what I always have to have with me when I am papercrafting.
1. My top papercrafting tool is my Fiskars scissors. I use the ones with a spring in the middle and no finger holes. When I say I love them, I mean I own 4 pairs. They cut beautifully, the spring reduces hand fatigue and the sharp point is able to get in all the small places. They allow me to fussy cut perfectly and I cannot imagine making Julie Nutting dolls with out them. I have also started using the We R Memory Keepers spring loaded scissors. My mom actually prefers these to the Fiskars. They have a smaller profile, with a longer handle, and cover for the blade. The nice thing about the We R Memory keepers scissors is that they are half the price of the Fiskars and are made for papercrafting. You cannot go wrong with either pair!
2. My next most used item is my paper trimmer. I prefer the Fiskars (see a pattern?) SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer. It has a metal wire showing you exactly where you are cutting so that you always know where your line is going to be. I have been using mine for a while now and definitely recommend it!
3. The We R Memory Keepers Journal tool. If you are a planner, this is a must have. It allows you to draw boxes, banners, trackers, and so much more! It is small enough to fit in your planner bag, so you can always take it with you to your planner meet ups or use it easily anywhere you go.
4. Tombow Mono Adhesive. Adhesive has come a long way from when I started Scrapbooking. Half of my pages I made 15 years ago are now coming apart. But with the Tombow adhesive it is STUCK. Seriously, don't put paper down and say never mind, its not coming up with out ripping. So know where you are putting it before you put it down. But at least this means that my pictures won't be coming up in a few years, so I will take it.
5. Canon Selphy. I have had my Selphy for a few years and it has changed the way I scrapbook. I mostly make mini albums and memory planners. I enjoy the smaller size and the fact that I can get an album done in one weekend or keep up with my planner. The Selphy allows for me to print out the pictures I want, when I need them. No waiting to pick them up or any pre-planning. The pictures come out crisp and I love that when you run out of paper, you are also out of ink. If you have not picked up one of these yet, what are you waiting for?! They are worth every penny!
Ok, now that the tools are out of the way, here are the Scrapbook items I loved the most in 2019.
1. My favorite paper from the WHOLE year was the Simple Stories Happy Haunting paper. The paper was not traditional Halloween, with pinks, oranges and blacks. It had flowers and adorable ghosts and just made me so HAPPY! Halloween is my favorite holiday, so it was fun to see something new and different. I may have kept 2 packs of this paper, just so I don't run out. Look how cute this Julie Nutting doll was made in this paper, I mean what is not to like?!
2. The Photoplay Disney Folio Kit. This was a new product from Photoplay and they made it SO SO EASY! The instructions were easy to read and follow along, the paper they included was ADORABLE and it made the cutest little mini folio album/card hybrid. I also enjoyed the fact that you received extras of everything, so you could really take the folio up a notch and make it your own.
3. Echo Park Best Summer Ever paper. It was bright and sunny and had all the perfect elements for summer. My favorite parts were the food trucks and the bright pinks and teals. It just felt fun and like you should be eating a popsicle by the pool. Then you could scrap your selfies from then 😉
4. The whole Say Cheese 4 line. I loved that they add the little kids in this collection. They are adorable! Also, I loved that they added Christmas and Halloween collections, that work perfectly with the Say Cheese lines, while adding a bit of holiday flair.
5. The last collection that I loved this past year was the Heart collection by Simple Stories. It is a sympathy collection kit, but does not scream sympathy. The colors are so pretty, with the blues, greens and golds. Also, the flowers and hearts can be used in any layout, and definitely are my style!
So there you have it, a few of my favorite things from this past year. I had A LOT more things that I loved, but I tried to narrow it down so it would not be SO overwhelming 🤪Have you used any of these items? If so, what were you favorites? Have any favorites that I did not list? Let me know below!